3) The Little Prince.
– My school-aged son.
– Total momma’s boy (and I love it).
– Amazing memory. Musical talent. Can build any LEGO set we put in front of him. Thinks he’s Batman.
– Loves reading about Egypt, tornadoes, predators, David & Goliath, Captain Underpants…..(Who is this kid?)
– You know the comic strip Calvin & Hobbes? Yeah….God used Calvin’s blueprints in forming this little guy…..
– Has a talent for wrapping older females around his little finger. Heaven help us when he figures out how to do it with girls his own age!
– Finds his imaginary world much more interesting than real life.
2) The Adolescent Diva.
– My teenage daughter.
– Brilliant. Beautiful. My ray of sunshine (except for first thing in the morning).
– A complete and total Hot Mess, covered with a mane of curls. She appears to be the color commentator for the Drama-Drama-Drama Sports Page at her school.
– Can take the boys down in the Gaga Ball pit, much to the boys’ surprise. Her favorite slogan is “Real Princesses Save Themselves.”
– Very Right Brain-Left Brain. Talented artist. A permanent Principal’s List student, she has the potential to run an architecture firm or win an Academy Award for Set Design.
– That is, if she can ever find her pencil, her jacket, her water bottle, the mandatory note from school, her shoes…..
– Married 17 years and counting, together for more than 26.
– My best friend. Amazingly hard worker. Great at sharing parenting. Proud to be his wife.
– Can make me more lose-my-mind angry than anyone else on the planet. The Y chromosome is strong in this one.
– The day I fell in love with him: He took what I considered my character flaws and spun each around into something desirable. Wow, most romance novels aren’t that good!
– Keeps hoping that I will sprout longer legs and a housekeeping compulsion. Sorry, guy.
– Definitely carries one of the genes that gave our children a flare for the dramatic. And he isn’t afraid to use it.
– The man’s as stubborn as a stone, and just as likely as a stone to be listening if the TV is on.
For those who don’t know me in the real world….
with an unruly Emotional Valve
and problematic Bangs.
Oh- and a Night Person who has to be up at 5:30 am. Sigh.